Pages

Review: Vanity Trove - Fall in Love September edition


I've just received my VT Fall in Love Sept edition!

Early this month, I paid $25 for the September edition as a gift for my upcoming bday in sept.
Took a long while to get my goodies though.

Anyway, the delivery man just came, and oops, I was too busy reading that I didnt know he was outside.
Turns out he called me twice, but I didnt pick up.
I'm so sorry!

Back to topic.
It was exciting receiving the box!
However, my excitement died down, because I didnt see any DNKY perfume.
Had my expectations up high because I saw some fb-ers talking about it! Grrrr, why so suay.


For your info, I am no beauty junkie.
I swear by minimal or NO makeup, although I sometimes put on blusher to make myself look less pale.
And, no, I do not put on any foundation or whatsoever before I put two slabs of blusher on my cheeks.
Haha, lazy girl. I just dont like the oily sticky feeling of makeup on my skin!
Hence, I'm going to uncover what's in my pack, and google out the price of the items.
Well, to see if my $25 is worth it.


this was pasted on the side of the pack. I dont know why, don't tell me this is my birthday goodie?
not very sincere huh.

opening it, face :). saw the goodies, face :(
At first look, these are the top 3 that made me felt my $25, COULD be worth it.
Here goes:

1. Essie nail polish - Essie Jazz E304
Essie Jazz E304: $10

Said to be retailing at $18, but on sale for $10.
I've never seen this brand before (told you I'm not a beauty junkie). The only nail polish brands I know are OPI, and those from korean shops like TFS, Etude House blah blah.
I still have two bottles of polishes from Seoul, that I bought a year ago.
The green and purple polish are drying up I guess (I hear you gasp, GREEN POLISH? Ya, I must be mad then)

2. Pure beauty Soothing BB Cream
30ml. From Watsons. RP $9.95
This is a retail size item, and it does make me feel a little happy.
However, I dont have much need for a BB cream.
Probably will pass it to my mum or give it to my friends :(

3. Princess Pinki Magic Pink Cream
A google search showed that this is the most expensive of all! $48.90?
Apparently, this product can be used on your cheeks, lips and.....behold
YOUR NIPPLE.
WHUT?
Why will you wanna apply that on your nipple?
Although this is the most expensive of the bunch, I dont fancy non-powder blusher.
Sigh, another wasted item for me.

4. Smooth 365 peptide serum
sample size. 
This is the most baffling product to me. 
What's a peptide serum? 
Another non-useable product for me!

5. Rimmel Quad Eyeshadow
Rimmel London Glam Eye Shadow Quads
Unfortunately, I couldn't find out the price of this retail sized item.
Anybody knows?

6. Fruit smoothie trial size: Raspberry and Mango; Hydrogel Eye therapy patch
"It promises to nourish, moisturise, brighten, cool/soothe and boost the elasticity of the skin around the eyes, as well as diminish eye wrinkles." Copied from its web.
 At least, two usable items for me!
The fruit smoothie mask is said to be "vegetarian" because no animals were used to test!
Apparently its a deep pore cleansing mask, so it'll put good use for me as I've quite some troublesome blackheads. 
Would it help? I'll try to know!

Next is the Leaders InSolution Hydrogel Eye Therapy Patch.
Since it retails at $16.90 for 5 packs, my 1 pack would cost around $3.38!
Either I'll try it, or I'll let my mum use it.

Conclusion:
Although my Sept package consists of around 7 items, there is none that impresses me.
I requested for a birthday goodie, but am not sure which "sincere" gift they gave.
Also, I took part in their promo, and qualified myself for a special gift.
Not sure what special gift I got either.
This wasn't a very satisfying trove that I've got.
Although the total amount of things I got may cost more than $25, I dont feel that its worth my cents.

This is such a disappointing experience.
I was excited about it because many bloggers were raving about it (of course, they were paid to do so), and even URBAN featured it.
But I dont find my goodies worth it at all :(
What's more, they promised to add something for my birthday, but I cant figure out what they gave -___-

Verdict: 


I will never waste my $25 again, unless VT give me promising returns for my money.
Perhaps VT should deliver samples by first finding out what kind of items customers want.


No comments:

Post a Comment