Pages

Busan 2013 - Food to eat

1. BIFF street

Having been remade as a cultural tourist attraction promoting the advancement of Korea’s film industry, the BIFF Square has contributed to Busan’s newfound status as an international cultural tourist city. The 428 meter-long street stretching from the Buyeong Theater in Nampo-dong to the overpass in Chungmu-dong was divided into “Star Street” and “Festival Street,” and on the eve of the festival each year the “Ground Opening the BIFF Square” is held on the street. During the ceremony events such as the hand printing of famous movie celebrities and Nunggot Jeomdeung (snow-flower lighting) take place. A district such as BIFF Square, crowded with first-run theaters in a city is rare not only in Asia but Europe as well, and for this reason it holds great potential. In recent years, the square has grown into a more complex area featuring not only movie theaters but also shops and leisure facilities, attracting growing numbers of young visitors and tourists.

I recommend coming here especially for the street food. Yumz. Both of us ate various street food as our dinner, and we were full! :)
Here's what we bought:



Side note, all the sellers were really friendly, except for this auntie who looked pissed off with us. What did we even do -.-


2. Naengmyeon (Cold noodles) at Seomyeon

I remembered when I was in Seoul in 2011, I had my first try of naengmyeon and it was HORRIBLE. I hated the cold taste, and I remembered I only ate a mouth before raising the white flag.
Told my bf this time and said I will never ever eat naengmyeon. I even tried to persuade him against it and said he'll dislike it!
Of course, he didnt care what I said, and....LOL it turned out to be his right decision!
The naengmyeon he had at this Seomyeon restaurant was SO GOOD! No wonder people queued to go in! Word of advice: Queue if you see others do so, chances are it'll not disappoint!



3. Gukje Kukbap

You know you enter the right stall when you see Korean soldiers entering the stall. You know it's going to be the right stall amid the other kukbap stalls when you see many signatures from Korean celebrities!
So glad we entered this stall after seeing the Korean soldiers went in.
Despite the hot weather, it was still SHIOK eating the hot bowl of kukbap - slices of beef and rice in soup
Yummy~

Because the kukbap was too good at Gukje market, we decided to have another kukbap meal at Seomyeon! Turns out there're so many different kukbap restaurants so we just entered one with aircon LOL
I still prefer the one at Gukje, but the restaurant in Seomyeon offers many side dishes! Staff were really nice too +points


 4. Seomyeon street - Jeon / fried pancake

Located near Seomyeon, I vaguely remember it was the stretch of roadside stalls in front of Lotte, we had our virgin experience eating by the roadside
It was awesome! :)


Look at the omoni frying the pancake for us! The experience was so good (OR I GUESS BUSAN WAS SO BORING) that we went there the next day again! To the same stall :P
Food was decent and affordable - the experience? PRICELESS
5. Melon icecream - IT WAS GOOD!

Saw a blog talking about melon ice cream so I decided to try it. It was a really really hot day when we went to Gamcheon Cultural Village, so I headed into a store and bought a melon icecream!
The omoni in the store was a really friendly person!

Since the icecream was so good, we decided to get one more from the same store! My boyfriend chose this grape one - and we asked the omoni how much it was. She quoted us 700 won. After exiting the store, my boyfriend saw on the wrapper that it only cost 600 won -.-; before that I kept complimenting the auntie!
But it's okay, it's only 100 won :P just that I felt a little cheated la!

6. Hotdeok

My boyfriend loves it! Especially from this stall. Again, we bought it because we saw a long queue! Its located at the Seomyeon food street - so if you wanna eat jeon, you will walk past this stall too!


According to my Korean friend who is from Seoul, this seems to be a special hottdeok because the mainstream hottdoes does not contain nuts! So, do remember to try this when you're in Busan!

No comments:

Post a Comment